imfemlocked said: i would love some fic recs! have you read any good s3 fix-it fics?
Oh yes. *Goes and looks at AO3 bookmarks*
Season 3 fix-it fics
- One of my favourites has to be The Adventures of a Single Girl in London by earlgreytea68 (I seriously love her). Janine comes back after finding Sussex boring and moves in with Sherlock. She tries to get Sherlock to find her the perfect man whilst she tries to mend his broken heart. It is hilarious, lighthearted, and perfect.
- On the Other Side by mildredandbobbin is incredibly angsty, and will hurt your heart a little bit, but eventually everything is mended and happy. She uses a lot of tumblr theories and headcanons, so it’s interesting to see what it would look like if Tumblr wrote the next season.
- Obviously, this list is not complete without Swan Song by our very own, astudyinrose. It’s not so much a fix-it fic as it’s a look at an alternate universe of what might have happened if events had happened slightly differently- namely, if Tessa hadn’t shown up that night. Sherlock is an insecure, completely in love gay baby in this fic, and it’s glorious. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, it’s perfect. (And yes, I am biased, because I’m a beta on it, but I don’t care. I love it.)
- A Second Chance by kipli has Sherlock time-travel back to Angelo’s that first night together after he open the matchbox. So it’s season 3 Sherlock with season 1 John.
- Two fix-it one shots by earlgreytea68: Trick Questions is also an alternate ending to the stag night in TSOT, and Operation Baby Girl Watson follows that idea that Sherlock and John have a plan and explains why John went back to Mary at Christmas.
Fics where Sherlock is a gay baby hopelessly in love with John:
- John Watson’s Twelve Days of Christmas, Working on the Edges, The Bang and the Clatter, and Letters, all by earlgreytea68. She is absolutely fantastic at writing a Sherlock that is vulnerable and absolutely, hopelessly in love with John.
- All the Best and Brightest Creatures by wordstrings. In this AU, someone actually listens to young Sherlock and Moriarty is put in jail for the murder of Carl Powers. Sherlock meets John a different way, but he falls absolutely in love with pretty much instantly. This is still a WIP, but you will get lots and lots and gay baby Sherlock in love.
- Nothing to Make a Song About by emmagrant01 shows what happens if John hadn’t forgiven Sherlock when he came back from the dead. Ten years later, John is divorced from Mary and back in London, and Sherlock does everything he can think of to get back with John, since he has been pining for John all that time.
- The Progress of Sherlock Holmes by ivyblossom is told from Sherlock’s POV in first person, and is all about how he is head over heels in love with John.
- there are many, many more fics I could rec you that have a super in-love Sherlock, but these at least have some Pining!Sherlock in them as well
And a rec just for you, bc I thought of you whilst I was reading it:
- You Look So Good, To Me by mildredandbobbin. Sherlock and John wake up after a case and find themselves to be women. It should make your femlock heart so happy! ;-)
(I’m publishing this just in case anyone else wants these fic recs)
Two recs all at once, and among such amazing company. Thank you so much! And I have a couple here I need to read.
I trust her recs. They rock.
Can confirm that when Tom Hiddleston looks you in the eye and quotes Shakespeare, your stomach drops out of your butt
i can attest to this. same thing happens when some of that shower water? actually gets on you when he violently shakes it off like a sheepdog in a rainstorm.
The Donmar is tiny, yo.